Hello again..... We've been a bit busy w/ the holiday's and traveling to Florida, so I've been very... very delinquent in updating our exciting times with Madison.
Her first Christmas was going to be in Pensacola, so that meant either a very long car ride, or her first trip on a plane. Since we weren't really up for the extended drive, we opted to gamble on flying. Since Madison seems to be so mellow and cool, we figured she would be just fine. All I can say is - WOW. Talk about a different perspective on flying. I've become quite the commuter with work, and flying from place to place is no big deal. When traveling with an infant, the whole world is upside down. We had LOTS of carry on stuff (Diaper Bag, Milk, Car Seat, Stroller, - and our normal carry on luggage). At the end of the day, we made it through the screening just fine and got onto the plane.
Taxied and took off and guess what - Madison was GREAT!!!!
We tried to feed her at key times to help with her ears, and it worked! Aside from the occasional squirming and fussing, she was a dream on the plane.
We all stayed in great condo at Pensacola beach (Thanks Dee and Jerry)... .12th floor overlooking the bay and the gulf. We had a great time in the condo and I think Madison had fun. She got way spoiled (lots of cool presents and toys to help her learn)... We got some help with the schedule and taking care of her.... Kelli spent a few nights in Madi's room and she helped out with the overnight feedings.
Both Dina and I thought that it was really a contest to see who could wear out who.... We think Madison won. (it was Kelli who seemed to need lots of naps)...
Needless to say, it was a great holiday and we have lots of pictures...