Madi had an awesome day and worked really hard today. Her big job is to practice her feeding with mommy and to plump herself up so she can go home. At her 8am and 2pm feeding, she was able to get about half from mommy before she got tired and fell asleep, and then she opted for the easy way for the other half. By the time the 8pm feeding came around, she was just too tired to get anything at all. So this morning we tried again at 11am and she was just not into it. This evening at 5pm she was able to take 20ml from mommy and then had to supplement the other 16ml through the nose tube. She is getting the hang of it and they boosted up the calorie content when they feed her through the feeding tube in order to plump her up a bit. She is still having an issue keeping herself warm when they turn the temp of the isolette down, so she is wrapped in blankets to help with that as they try and ween her from the isolette. I just think she is like her mommy and enjoys the warmer climates. Definitely a Southern Girl!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Quick Snuggle with Daddy before his trip.
Daddy had to go on a two day retreat about two hours away, so he stopped by the hospital on his way out of town to steal a few snuggles from Madi. It was very hard for him to leave his little girl and I imagine he is going through Madi withdrawls as I type this.
I am trying to keep this up while John is gone, as he wants me too so he can see his little girl everyday. I apologize if it is not quite as entertaining as his entries but I will try to make it interesting for you in the next week as well. We are all doing well and Madison makes strides with each passing day!

